Monday, January 31, 2011

Tweedy Warmth

So. I'm feeling mighty victorious. I've conquered a hurdle. It was a really small hurdle, but gosh darn it. It's conquered!

That's right! I finished a birthday present in LESS THAN A WEEK after the actual BIRTHDAY! Oh yay! Oh Happy Dance! (I'm actually sneaking some birthday cake in as we speak. Or type. Yes. type.)

My father is one of those gentlemen, that when walking around Galway in Ireland will get stopped and asked for directions. He's that old school looking. He's the "Irish wool cap and wool sweater with tie" kinda guy. And that's what I started with in my search for a perfect scarf for him.

I wanted something warm and cable-y that would loop around him a few times, while still looking distinguished. So I did just that. I've 2 small cables and one larger in the middle. Very simple, but with very (for me!) tiny yarn.

Doesn't it look just snuggy! I love the way it turned out, and my old man looks just charming in it. Now if I can get the ol' bugger to stand still for a minute, I'll post his mug wearing it. Stay tuned.....

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to let you know that my Mother in Law is hoping you'll be selling those monogrammed baby hats on your new site. She LOVES Georgina's! And one of my favorite pictures has her wearing it.

    ReplyDelete